The 2018 EADL Conference took place in Manchester, UK The title was: Making Learning Visual and ViableThe program was as follows: Thursday May 24:
- The potential of the visual for the Knowledge Generation, Mie Buhl, Aalborg University
- Learning Technologies for Distance Learning … Today and Tomorrow …. Video and more, David Patterson, Learning Light
- The Use of Explainer videos, Elisabeth Mandl, Wikimedia.
- Smartphone – Fostering Digitl Learning, Pauliina Venho, University of Helsinki
- Animated video for Teaching, Ilya Kompasov, Simpleshow Foundation
- Experience VR for Teachning, Saloua Lemrini, Dirksen Opleidingen
- Digital Story Telling, Niels Henrik Helms
- Creating a Best in Class Micro Learning Ecosystem, Gerry Griffin, Skill-Pill M-Learning
- Addressing Disruption: Comfort or Chaos?, Leah Matthews, DEAC
- Using Data for Business Development, Ger Driessen aNewSpring
- EADL Quality Guide, John Trasler, EADL
- A Guide to Quality in Online Learning and Teaching, Kari Olstad, FUN
- Panel discussion: Quality Care in the Case of Reselling, Morten Flate Paulsen, Tony Hopwood, Ger Driessen moderated by Martin Kurz.
The 2017 EADL Conference took place in Copenhagen, Denmark The title was: Presence at a Distance: Technologies and methods for learner engagement.The program was as follows:
- Engaging Learners in a 100 year Life: Ger Driessen
- Current and future technological development for engaging the distance Learner; Susan Aldridge – Susan Aldridge presentation was an online direct video presentation from Drexel University Online
- Artificial Intelligence + Virtual Reality = Intelligent Virtual environment: Roy Clariana
- Learning Environments – Design Issues AND Challenges: Niels Henrik Helms
- Serious Games Revisited : Simon Egenfeld-Nielsen.
- Blended Learning: a Way to deal with diversity in the Classroom; Re-defining collaboration of teachers trough virtual exchange : Airina Volungevičienė
- Learning Environments: Frank Ulrich (Due to peer review this presentation is not available)
- Scaling up and thinking wide: Vegard Meland
- Video presentation Gilly Salmon video is available on YouTube; Follow up on Gilly Salmon: Anita Monty Designing engaging learning events. Follow up Gilly Salmon; Hróbjatur Árnason .
- Create inspring learning journeys: Martèn de Prez
- Learning Analytics: From big promises to daily use in flexable learning: Steen Grønbæk ;
- Lurking – Is lurking working?: Taru Kekkonen
- Open and closed Can closed facilitate openness?: Alastair Creelman
- Online Learning in digital entrepreneurship – an innovative business model: Lorraine Dallmeier ;
- Distance Education in a restless and impatient world: Leah Matthews’